Updated 21th May 2018
2. How do you protect my Personal Information?
We are serious about guarding the security of your Personal Information and use a secure server to store your Personal Information. However, like everyone else, we cannot guarantee complete security. We use industry standard organisational and technical security measures to protect your data against unauthorised disclosure or processing.Where you are required to choose a password for your account, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. This means you should limit access to your computer or device and sign off after you have finished accessing your account. If you think someone has access to your password or unauthorised access to your account, please inform us immediately at email@example.com. We are not responsible for the misuse of your account or information where you have not kept your password confidential or not reported a breach of security.
3. What information do you collect about me?Information you give us (Submitted Information): You may give us information when you register with us, log into our Services, fill in forms, contact us by email, provide feedback and enter our competitions or promotions. This may include:
- your IP address,
- your session ID or app ID
- your subscription information
- your device information (e.g. device type/model), and mobile operating system version;
- your use of our apps, your visits to our sites, your activity on our Services, including traffic data and cookie information (Log Information); and
- some of our Services may use location information transmitted from your device (where you have set your device settings to allow this) (Location Information).
4. How will you use the information about me?We use the information held about you to make our Services the best possible experience for you. For instance, we may use your information to: Submitted Information:
- customise the Services you choose to receive
- allow you to connect with your friends on the social networks that you choose to connect through
- carry out our obligations to you, such as delivering any Services or physical products that you have bought
- manage your account and respond to your queries
- contact you with important service announcements
- if you agree, contact you about other Services and products from Mind Candy that we think may be of interest to you
- if you agree, contact you with advertising from other businesses
- optimise and present the Services in the most effective manner for your device and operating system
- carry out research and analysis, training and quality assurance
- maintain, protect and improve our Services
- carry out research and analysis, training and quality assurance
- We only use location information in a way that is necessary to provide the Services and deliver the products that you want. If you have not allowed your location information to be sent (through the settings menu on your device), then location information will not be sent. We may use your location in broad segments such as identifying you on a leader board for a particular city.
5. To whom will you disclose my Personal Information?Mind Candy will not share your Personal Information for marketing purposes with companies outside the Mind Candy group of companies, unless you have given us permission to do so. However, we may share your information in the following ways:
- We may display your chosen profile information along with your activity levels on our Services, to friends with whom you have connected. Your other Personal Information cannot be seen by other users unless you post it in areas accessible by other users
- We may share your Personal Information, where appropriate, with any member of our group of companies
- We work with trusted partners to perform tasks on our behalf and we may need to disclose your Personal Information for them to provide services or deliver products to you. However, these companies are bound by confidentiality obligations and do not have any independent right to use your Personal Information beyond what is necessary to assist us. These service providers are 'data processors'
- When the law requires us to disclose your information, we will comply
- When we need to enforce our Terms of Service, investigate fraud, reduce credit risk, exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- When it is necessary for the protection of a person’s wellbeing or property and when obtaining your prior consent is difficult
6. Services we useMind Candy, like many other website and app operators, uses analytics to analyze our users to improve the performance and quality of our online services. The third-party service providers performing these services on our behalf, are listed below:
7. Will I receive marketing information from you?We would like to send you information about our Services and products that may be of interest to you. If you don’t like this, we are happy to stop at any time. Just click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link if provided or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. On mobile devices, you can manage notices you receive about our Services by using the settings on your device.
8. How do I access or change my Personal Information?If you want to see, or change, your Personal Information, go to ‘my profile’ or your account settings or contact us at email@example.com. Please note that certain information cannot be changed once you have entered it. For instance, there should be no reason for a user to change their date of birth, if inputted. This is to discourage users from engaging in unlawful activities. In certain jurisdictions, you may be entitled to request access to Personal Information we hold, by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our postal address (see below).
9. How long do you keep my Personal Information for? How can I delete it?We store your Personal Information for as long as your account is active and for as long as is required solely for our business purposes. Data older than two years will be removed or anonymised. Web server logs are deleted after 30 days. If you wish to delete an account, you can do so by following instructions within the relevant Service, and/or by contacting email@example.com. If you wish to delete the Personal Information that we hold on you, you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you do this, we will deactivate your account and/or delete or anonymise (which means you cannot be identified from the information) relevant Personal Information, unless we have to retain it for legal reasons.
Some of the things you do on our Service are not stored in your account, like sending someone a message (where your friend may still have a message you sent, or may resend it, even after you delete your account). This information may remain after you delete your account.
10. Your right to object / Right to be forgotten
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You also have the right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”). You may do so by contacting us at email@example.com
12. Where is my Personal Information?
14. What about Personal Information of children?
The Moshi Twilight app is designed for parents and does not collect directly identifiable personal information, but we may collect indirect identifiers.If you are younger than 16 years of age, you must get consent from your parents or legal guardians before you provide any Personal Information to us. We may also separately contact your parents or legal guardians to get consent and verification. If you believe we may have personal information about a child under 16 that was not provided with parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. How do I contact you?
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at Mind Candy Limited, 4th Floor Bonhill Building, 15 Bonhill Street, London EC2A 4DN, United Kingdom
17. What does it mean?
‘Personal Information’ means anything that can be used to identify you, including information you give to us when you register and anything that we collect as you use our Services.“Service” or “Services” means the products and services provided by Mind Candy, including our physical products, online games, applications, mobile applications, our websites and any other online, offline and/or mobile products and services on or via any platform or technology.
18. Other Services